As I sit around, watching YouTube, occasionally getting on my phone, browsing the Internet, and checking social media I can’t help feel like I’m wasting time. And while watching TV or playing video games 24/7 might not be very productive, not everything that feels like a waste of time is. Let’s explore, shall we?
You wake up. You need to get dressed. The fact that you can get dressed means two things:
- You need to acquire clothing, and have somewhere to store the clothing.
- You need to clean dirty clothing, or acquire new clothing.
Acquiring clothing requires money. In order to get money you need to:
- Sell a product that people need/want to buy.
- Offer a service that people need/want someone to perform.
- Rob a bank.
- Blackmail or otherwise trick someone into giving you lots of money.
- Sue someone for lots of money.
- Win the lottery.
Now, let’s back up a second. Let’s do some laundry. Yes, you read that correctly. I’d wager that most people don’t have enough money to throw away a set of clothing before going to bed and put on a brand new set of clothing upon waking up the next morning. And that means, most people have to do laundry. If you don’t do laundry, one of two things will happen:
- You will wear dirty clothes when you go out in public, which could make people think you’re an unclean person, or homeless.
- You will wear nothing when you go out in public, which could make people think you’re crazy.
So, in conclusion, you must do laundry. It will save you money, and you won’t be a societal outcast… at least, not because you look and smell like you just went camping without a tent after taking a canoe ride down a swampy river where you went catfish hunting. Therefore, doing laundry is not a waste of time.
Plus, you can always watch a video or listen to music while doing laundry.
P.S. – you just need to spend time doing laundry. It’s just one of those things like eating your vegetables. Oo, oo! Topic idea!